To add multiple items (soft cover, e-book, map, etc.) from a publication page to your cart: Make your first selection and select “Add to Cart.” Once in your cart, click on the item title to return to that page to add another item.
Prices charged are subject to membership verification. Return Policy: An NAW publication in salable condition may be returned within 15 days of receipt for a full refund. E-books and digital downloads are not returnable or refundable.
Here’s your roadmap to adopting and using digital tools.
Digital tools are changing the way we work just as they have already changed the way we live. Unfortunately, it’s been more by happenstance than design for some businesses today.
The digitalization of the distribution channel is inevitable, because change is happening up and down the value chain. If your business is not leading, then at the very least, you must keep up. Up until now, however, there has been very little guidance for distributors about where to start and how to strategically use digital tools—e-commerce, social media, mobility, CRM, advanced analytics and multichannel solutions—to gain a competitive advantage. That is changing.
Becoming a Digital Distributor: Strategies and Tools That Create Value is your roadmap to adopting and using digital tools. This study provides data, analyses, tools, recommendations and more than 250 direct quotes from distribution leaders who provide expert advice for creating a vision and driving your business forward. With this study, you’ll have an in-depth game plan to
• get out in front and lead in your market
• create a strategic plan for taking full advantage of digital tools to better serve your customers by improving the customer experience
• leverage the power of information and data for competitive advantage
• work better and more collaboratively with your suppliers
• and most important, grow your sales and profits.
After reading this study, you’ll be able to:
• judge the current progress of your company toward the adoption and use of digital tools
• acquire practical recommendations for using digital tools today and tomorrow
• chart a course for improving the customer experience
• strengthen your company’s competitive advantage
• build new collaborative opportunities for working with suppliers for mutual advantage
• drive business model innovation
• gain insights for setting a vision and driving organizational change
• improve the productivity of your customer-facing employees and the quality of the services they provide for your customers
• transition from an inventory-driven business model to one based on harnessing the power of information and using real data within your company.
Distributors are in the early stages of adoption and use of digital tools. That’s why today is the best time for your business to set a vision, learn through the experiences of leading distributors, and lead in the value chain!
BENEFITS FOR MANUFACTURERS: You know distributors are a critical link in the value chain. They are your channel for meeting the needs of customers by taking your products and services to market. The benefits this study provides for you are improved data for directing and managing marketing programs, better coordination with distributors of the sales effort, an enhanced presence and improved delivery of your brand and value proposition and lessons learned and expert advice from distributors as you create your own plans for using digital tools.
This book is part of an ongoing series that includes: Getting Results From Your Digital Investments and Getting the Most Out of CRM: Best Practices for Wholesaler-Distributors.
Subscribe to this blog series, "Distributors in the Digital Era," to stay current with digital transformation topics.
What Readers Have to Say
“This book is great for distribution executives who are struggling with the digital world. It defines digital tools and offers a strategic roadmap with plenty of actionable ideas for how best to use them in improving your value proposition. I especially appreciated the significant number of comments throughout from distribution executives about how they’re using digital tools. I highly recommend reading it.”
—George Pattee, Chairman, Parksite Inc.
Read the extended description and access free information downloads