Paul St. Germain
To add multiple items (soft cover, e-book, map, etc.) from a publication page to your cart: Make your first selection and select “Add to Cart.” Once in your cart, click on that item’s title to return to that page to add another item.
Prices charged are subject to membership verification.
Return Policy: An NAW publication in salable condition may be returned within 15 days of receipt for a full refund. E-books and digital downloads are not returnable or refundable.
This is the only major research study analyzing the future of wholesale distribution within multiple lines of trade.
As this 10th edition—Facing the Forces of Change®: Reimagining Distribution in a Connected World—highlights, there is no shortage of “forces of change” that will impact distributors over the next few years and transform the industry. There is also no shortage of opportunities for distributors to embrace and leverage these forces. This study outlines
• the economic challenges that continue to shape the business landscape — by Alan Beaulieu
• the ways in which technological advances and the connected world are changing distributor operations now and for the next few years
• the new role that distributors must play in this connected world
• the ongoing need for business analytics and an advanced understanding of how they can help distributors meet their objectives
• some of the key emerging trends that will shape business—and our lives—in the not-too-distant future
• a look back at the previous edition to see how far we have come in understanding the forces that are shaping wholesale distribution.
This study can help you take steps to plan, prepare, and execute strategies to capitalize on the forces of change. Read and reread it. Discuss it with your top executives, managers, and other staff. Develop short-term and long-term strategies that anticipate the trends and ultimately drive business growth and customer value.
NEW: A macroeconomic outlook from NAW Senior Economic Advisor Alan Beaulieu is included in Facing the Forces of Change®.
What Readers Have to Say
“In my opinion, this 10th edition of Facing the Forces of Change is the best one so far. With insightful commentary and practical examples, it shows how technology is transforming our business environment and our customers’ expectations. Distribution leaders across all lines of trade can use this report as a framework for making strategic decisions that will have a long-term impact on their relevance to their customers and the success of their companies. I highly recommend it.”Kathy Mazzarella, Chairman, President, and CEO, Graybar Electric Co., Inc.
“I expected to blast quickly through this latest Facing the Forces of Change report. However, the number of ideas crammed into every paragraph and reinforced with real-world distributor examples forced me to slow down and really think about what was being said and how it was potentially applicable to my business. That’s exciting, because today it is all too rare for business books to fire the imagination the way this one does.”
Dan Blaylock, President, Adams-Burch Inc.
Read the extended description and access free information downloads