June 6th-7th, 2017 at the O’Hare Hilton
“The NAW Billion Dollar CIO Roundtable is an excellent forum for like-minded executives to network and exchange ideas. Time invested attending these Roundtables are time well spent.”
Amin Noormohamed, VP & Chief Information Officer, Core Mark International Inc
Eligibility: Companies with $1B+ in annual revenue.
The NAW Billion Dollar Roundtable is the only opportunity that provides networking and benchmarking exclusively with other top executives of non competing, like-sized Wholesale-Distribution companies.
*For further details about sponsoring this Roundtable, contact John Peter at firstname.lastname@example.org
The NAW Billion Dollar Company Chief Information Officer Roundtable for direct members was created as a new mechanism for the CIO’s of large distribution enterprises to network with non-competing peers in multiple lines of trade on key IT issues.
Similar to other billion dollar roundtables NAW has created for the CLO, CFO, Operations, and Human Resource executive, this by invitation only roundtable is composed of executives from billion dollar companies that meet in Chicago two times per year. This highly interactive group consists of the SENIOR-MOST IT executives. The annual fee is $1,800 per member, which covers meeting costs for two events in a twelve month cycle. Participants are expected to cover the cost of their hotel and travel. Once the annual fee is paid, there are no additional fees to attend the meetings, which will last one day beginning with a reception and dinner the evening before.
The participating companies can also name an alternate who can take the place of the enrolled Executive, should that person be unable to attend the scheduled meeting.
If you would like to join the group please go to this link:
If you would like to learn more please contact John Peter, Tamela Blalock or Adam Isenberg at 202.872.0885.
NAW Billion Dollar CIO Roundtable Preliminary Agenda
June 6th, 2017 — Day 1
6:00 PM – 7:00 PM
Drinks & Dialogue Reception
Come prepared to meet and mingle with your fellow participants from the largest firms in the industry.
7:00 PM – 9:30 PM
Billion Dollar Executive Dinner
Make sure to attend the most exclusive executive supper club in Chicago this evening! This dinner is your opportunity to pick the brains of the senior executives for the top wholesale distribution companies in the industry. This is a joint dinner that will include the CFO and CIO executives attending the spring Roundtable.
June 7th, 2017 — Day 2
7:00 AM – 7:45 AM
8:00 AM – 9:30 AM
Opening Session & Discussion
“Taking a Deep Dive into IoT and Smart Sensors”
The Internet of Things (IoT) couldn’t exist without smart sensors, and the growing use of smart technology is already transforming how manufacturers implement the IoT. Smart sensors are also bringing more connectivity and analytics to the supply chain.
This session will explore this new trend and the implications for Billion Dollar CIOs.
- How smart sensors are enablers of industrial IOT by (a) identifying items, (b) locating items, (c) determining the environmental conditions of those items. These features are particularly useful in plants or warehouses because they can keep track of temperature and humidity, log data for historical records and quality management, or be used as triggers for alarms or process management.
- How smart sensors impact the supply chain by being embedded in products, which can help improve the manufacturing process or the products themselves. Sensors can live inside products to create “smart products” and new revenue sources from the enhanced features. Billion Dollar distributors will need to develop new applications to take advantage of all the big data that the sensors are generating.
- How the lower costs and more advanced capabilities of sensor tags like RFID (radio frequency identity) tags are starting to enable wider and more effective use. The combination of lowered costs for tags and improved capabilities means that their value proposition has changed, and represents an opportunity for enterprises to rethink RFID.
9:30 AM – 9:45 AM
9:45 AM – 11:00 AM
Presentation & Discussion
“A Billion Dollar Distributor’s Place in the Digital Space”
With a reputation for being slow to engage in the digital space, billion dollar distributors are making large investments in moving their operations, marketing, sales, and hiring spending towards digital innovation. A recent Gartner study detailed findings from C-Level executives in distribution about their investment focus for 2016. The results were very illuminating. No longer looking to drive cost cutting, these executives were focused on growth. Investments in Customer Segmentation, Marketing Automation, and Analytics were in the top five categories along with traditional focus on Product & Process improvements. The key for successful transformation to a more digital approach is to focus on gaining the long term advantage in the market rather than only focusing on short term win.
This session will focus on the four trends that are driving distributors’ acceleration to digital maturity. These trends include:
- Preparing to compete against the disruptors who are competing on improving the B2B customer friendly experience.
- Changing sales process by facilitating the customer’s likelihood to conduct self-research before engaging with inside sales teams.
- Transitioning the sales teams to behave more like consultants through authentic relationship building.
- Recruiting differently by increasing the awareness for what they are doing from a digital perspective.
11:00 AM – 12:00 PM
This session is set aside for you to raise any issue you would like and have the group provide their thoughts. This is an open forum to further discuss any item on the agenda or to bring up topics that are not on the agenda. Make sure to take notes during this session, you may find a perfect topic to suggest for the next NAW Roundtable.
12:00 PM – 12:45 PM
Joint Lunch & Networking Discussion with CFO Roundtable
This is the “halftime” period where you meet up with all of the Billion Dollar Company senior executives at this week’s Roundtable to compare ideas and benchmark across disciplines. Both groups: CFO and CIO executives will attend this joint lunch.
1:00 PM – 2:00 PM
Closing Session & Discussion
“Talent Management – Transitioning to an IT Talent Acquisition Model to Evolve the Organization”
Many billion dollar distributors confuse talent acquisition with recruitment. Talent acquisition at its best is a strategic approach to identifying, attracting, engaging and onboarding the right talent for the right roles at the right time. It is a strategic business function that proactively fulfills organizational outcomes. To transform talent acquisition, billion dollar CIOs must take the function from one that is reactive and transactional, to one that is proactive and strategic. It is about transforming and connecting talent acquisition practices to organizational outcomes which requires different processes, activities and capabilities. The first step is recognizing that they need to go beyond recruiting and implement a talent acquisition engine. The next step is understanding the elements of talent acquisition and having the advisory capability to build the engine in-house and execute it well.
This session will review case studies to show the successes in how billion dollar distributors have transformed their talent acquisition process to meet their business objectives.
2:00 PM – 2:30 PM
Set Agenda for Next Meeting Scheduled for December 5-6, 2017