November 14-15, 2017 at the O’Hare Hilton
“The Billion Dollar CHRO Roundtable presents a unique opportunity to network with industry peers while discussing challenges we all face in distribution. A great group and I look forward to our future Roundtables.”
John Lyday, Senior Vice President of Human Resources, Bunzl Distribution
Eligibility: Companies with $1B+ in annual revenue.
The NAW Billion Dollar Roundtable is the only opportunity that provides networking and benchmarking exclusively with other top executives of non competing, like-sized Wholesale-Distribution companies.
The NAW Billion Dollar Company CHRO Roundtable for direct members was created as a new mechanism for the HR of large distribution enterprises to network with non-competing peers in multiple lines of trade on key HR issues.
Similar to other billion dollar roundtables NAW has created for the CIO, Operations, CFO, and Chief Legal Officers, this by invitation roundtable is composed of executives from billion dollar companies that meet in Chicago two times per year. This highly interactive group consists of the SENIOR-MOST HR executives. The annual fee is $1,800 per member, which covers meeting costs for two events in a twelve month cycle. Participants are expected to cover the cost of their hotel and travel. Once the annual fee is paid, there are no additional fees to attend the meetings, which will last one day beginning with a reception and dinner the evening before.
The participating companies can also name an alternate who can take the place of the CHRO, should that person be unable to attend the scheduled meeting.
If you would like to learn more please contact John Peter, Adam Isenberg or Tara Mostatab at 202.872.0885.
NAW Billion Dollar CHRO Roundtable Agenda
November 14, 2017 – Day 1
6:00 PM – 7:00 PM
Drinks & Dialogue Reception
Come prepared to meet and mingle with your fellow participants from the largest firms in the industry.
7:00 PM – 9:30 PM
Billion Dollar Executive Dinner
Make sure to attend the most exclusive executive supper club in Chicago this evening! This dinner is your opportunity to pick the brains of the senior executives for the top wholesale distribution companies in the industry. This is a joint dinner that will include the CLO, CHRO and Operations executives attending the Fall Roundtable.
November 15, 2017 – Day 2
7:00 AM – 7:45 AM
8:00 AM – 9:30 AM
Opening Session & Discussion
“Developing a Sustainable Leadership Development Course”
|Donovan Mattole, VP of HR, Brenntag||Sam McKee, Principal and Executive Coach, Evergreen Leadership|
Donovan Mattole, VP of HR for Brenntag, and Sam McKee, principal and executive coach at Evergreen Leadership, share how they developed a leadership curriculum for Brenntag that was sustainable, impactful and supported by the executive team. The focus of the presentation will be to explore current instructional principles that are needed to make leadership programs sustainable, including use of pre and post work, how to make the curriculum applicable and engaging and use of external tools, such as assessments. It will also include discussion on selling the program to the business, getting buy-in and support from leaders and aligning with business strategy and values.
- Understanding that the most valuable participant isn’t the learner
- Sharing some greatest hits and real-world practical best practices to include in your leadership development training
- How to create a program that sustains cross functional and cross company collaboration and breaks down silos
- How to engage executive team buy-in and make them both stakeholders and evangelists for the program
- Positive and negative use of assessment tools for development
- How to ensure program drives positive organizational culture and supports values and principles of the company
- Understanding the importance of balancing internal and external expertise and experience
- The tie of leadership development to employee engagement
- Applying learning before, during, and after a leadership development class
9:30 AM – 9:45 AM
9:45 AM – 11:00 AM
General Session & Discussion
“Building your Human Capital Analytics Strategy”
|Daniel Brault, Solutions Marketing Sr. Manager, Qlik||Erin Dunn, Manager HR Reporting & Analytics, Graybar|
Daniel Brault from Qlik will kick-off the presentation highlighting the power of analytics and some foundational principals. Then Erin Dunn will take-over and lead discussion on the steps Graybar has taken to build out their HR Insights team and transform from an HR reporting function to a strategic consulting service that guides decision making through the use of human capital analytics. Discussion will include how to build the function, leverage technology platforms, partner cross-functionally and build credibility with senior leadership.
- Steps for building an HR Analytics function
- Transitioning from reporting to analytic mind-set
- Building questions that lead to business outcomes
- How to tie data from disparate HR systems
- Building a collaborative platform and analytics strategy
- Examples and case studies to potentially apply
11:00 AM – 12:00 PM
This session is set aside for you to raise any issue you would like and have the group provide their thoughts. This is an open forum to further discuss any item on the agenda or to bring up topics that are not on the agenda. Make sure to take notes during this session, you may find a perfect topic to suggest for the next NAW Roundtable.
12:00 PM – 12:45 PM
Joint Networking Lunch with CLO and Operations Executives
You will have lunch with all of the Billion Dollar Company senior executives at this week’s Roundtable to compare ideas and benchmark across disciplines. All 3 groups: Operations, CHRO and CLO executives will attend this joint lunch.
1:00 PM – 2:00 PM
Closing Session & Discussion
“How Self Insured Companies Can Manage Healthcare Costs”
Robert E. Petcove, Area Vice President – Mid Atlantic, Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.
How Self-Insured Companies Can Manage Healthcare Costs: What are Progressive Employers Doing in Benefits?
- Funding Techniques & Options
- To Exchange or Not Exchange?
- The Opioid Crisis – how can you help?
- Pharmacy benefits
- How to best engage your employees
- Understand what partner resources are most beneficial to your organization
- How to maximize my organization’s benefit dollars
- How to put your organization in the driver’s seat
2:00 PM – 2:30 PM
Set Agenda for Next Meeting Scheduled for May 15-16, 2018